Popular Posts

7 April 2011

Curse of the Lost Earring: Why aren't they sold in sets of three?

A word in the ear of  any entrepreneurs out there who fancy a new challenge.

Every woman I know has suffered the Curse of the Lost Earring – and in my case more times than I care to remember.

And it’s invariably either my most expensive or my most-loved pair that goes missing.

It happened to me yet again last week and got me wondering why earrings always seem to be sold in pairs and not threes. And please don’t tell me it’s because I’ve only got two ears.

Just think how useful that third earring would be. You’d have to be particularly unlucky to be left with the ‘one in one out’ look.

OK, I know you can always buy two pairs at the outset if you’re susceptible to your pendientes going missing. But personally I find a purpose-made presentation pack of three a far more attractive proposition.

As for a brand name, how about THREEARRINGS or, better still, THREE CH-EARS?

If I knew how to design and manufacture earrings, I'd be looking at it as a business proposition myself. Indeed, for me it would be a real labour of love. Or should that be lobe?